Mazda NC suspension conspiracy

Tony

wim exposed to the nation that the Mazda MK3 NC suspension had been raised 30mm to comply with new EU pedestrian impact regulations.

Other than the spoiled 4X4 look this wouldn't have been an issue if the Geometry had been calibrated after the cars were raised. Unfortunately most dealers did not have them calibrated despite the fact they are given a concession to have the Geo set.

I had owners of new NC's ringing my bell to resolve the poor handling only to find the corrective data had been withheld in the UK. Not to be denied i acquired the data from the states.

The MX5 has a highly adjustable chassis. The reason for this is over time as the coils settle/relax so the dynamic Geometry will change, Mazda offers a corrective table of calibration positions for the MK 1, 2 and 3. This is a welcomed guide and without dispute in my opinion.

I now have the latest Hunter Hawkeye Geometry rig, one of 5 in the UK and it lists the NC data for the EU with the progressive calibration table

post-2-1208075643.jpg

Notice what it says at the top of the screen... "modified suspension". No OEM data would be listed as "modified".

So Mazda EU i think you owe the owners and myself an apology since despite attempts to hide this issue in the UK i was right and the NC's that handle pants have not been calibrated to the EU positions..... Have they!

Sorry being pedantic. (But hey, that's me!)

It says Modified Specification. Does that make any difference?

Secondly, can you attribute that data to Mazda, as this data is supplied to you by a third party, Hunter. Has it been supplied to them by Mazda or is it something they have derived themselves?

h