wim's key tyres

Tony

Avon and Toyo :thumbsup_anim: .... I think most have heard of them..

Over the weeks i have negotiated with all the branded manufacturers for the best deals if we use their products as first line recommendations.

This may read a bit odd since "best deal and recommendation" seems like we would push the make? This is not the case.... I have issues with every manufacturers product line. Example i love the Goodyear F1 but i feel the new Asymmetric is pants, so if we were agents for Goodyear the Asymmetric would not be a recommendation.

Anyhoo Avon and Toyo have some superb road/track rubber and we now have the chance to offer them as first line manufacturers :angry:

Why don't you like the F1 A, because the mazda forums are against it? It's getting universally praised.

I don't dislike them but the customer feedback has been negative... Mainly>

1: Aggressive tramlining

2: Harmonics

3: Price

At the moment i reserve judgment on the A.

• 3 weeks later...
Tony, have you spoken to Broadway for prices?, they seem pretty good, and that's where most garages get them from.

My 4 ZZ3's came it at about £240.

Is that plus the fitting charge?

No, my dad has a fitting machine at the garage. Normally about £20 elsewhere to fit. They are on trade prices.

I am opening accounts with the wholesalers now so it would be good to compare.... What size are your tyres?

So what's the first line recommendation for Toyo tyres, is it the T1-R or PX4?

The PX4 is taking the industry to new levels.... On pure customer feedback they are the one.

You mean the Proxes 4?? Have them all round on my IS200 Sport, but would be difficult to say if they are that much better than the T1-R's on the IS250. I know it's a totally different car :D

Tony, do you have Toyo T1-R 235-35-19 in stock?

The PX4 is taking the industry to new levels.... On pure customer feedback they are the one.

You mean the Proxes 4?? Have them all round on my IS200 Sport, but would be difficult to say if they are that much better than the T1-R's on the IS250. I know it's a totally different car :D

No Toyo now make the PX4... All the raves i have read are from the states and they seem good...

Will you be needing tyres when you visit me?

You mean the Proxes 4?? Have them all round on my IS200 Sport, but would be difficult to say if they are that much better than the T1-R's on the IS250. I know it's a totally different car :)

No Toyo now make the PX4... All the raves i have read are from the states and they seem good...

Will you be needing tyres when you visit me?

Well I will bring four with me but was thinking of changing the fronts as they look a little undertyred with the 225's.

...and I think if you check with Toyo 'PX4' is shorthand for 'Proxes 4' :D