online tyre dealers

alnug

ok I've been thinking about this a while and have also bought tyres from online dealers such as Mytyres etc.

Now I'm sure many of you have read about the case of the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s which found their way over to UK but were actually designated for a different part of the world.

This has led me to wonder how can some online dealers sell tyres for so cheap? Some emails with an online dealer suggested they source tyres from all around...but then on further investigation it would seem that tyres from 'all around' may not be suitable for UK....e.g the Goodyear case.

So this leads me to ask...how much can you trust online dealers in terms of where they get the stock?

Also what are your feelings if something goes wrong...say you experience a tyre with radial pull and it needs to go back...anyone had experience?

I bought a pair of tyres last year online and they sent them with the outer line on the same side :huh: I really couldn't be bothered with sending them back so stuck them on and they seemed ok. However, because of that I will only get my tyres from Tony now or somewhere I trust...Tony said to me on Sunday that he will be competitive with online prices so I doubt if I will buy online again.

It has been nearly 8 years now I am buying my tyres from Internet, never had any problem. The tyre fitting company I used in France told me that the website I use (Pneusonline in France which is Mytyres here) is run by their supplier in Germany and the price they sell it on Internet is just 5% more than what a tyre fitter would pay them so they would be able to match the price if asked but they can not advertise it as they would not make enough money of it to survive

It has been nearly 8 years now I am buying my tyres from Internet, never had any problem. The tyre fitting company I used in France told me that the website I use (Pneusonline in France which is Mytyres here) is run by their supplier in Germany and the price they sell it on Internet is just 5% more than what a tyre fitter would pay them so they would be able to match the price if asked but they can not advertise it as they would not make enough money of it to survive

Pneusonline is blackcircles here

wim will compete with online tyre pricing but we wont be fitting any competitors tyres... I think they have a (beep) cheek.

To me it's like going to Tesco's, buying a weeks shopping then going to a restaurant and saying "cook that for me!"

Pneusonline is blackcircles here

yes you are right, mytyres is 123pneus in France, I use both anyway depending on which one is cheaper at the time

In business i despise them.... They wholesale then use listed centres facilities, materials, staff, local customers and then dictate what price to charge for installation..

Black circle's and kiss my brown circle before i entertain them :P