Yellow/Red/White Dots on Tyres.

NickT

Just had some tyres fitted to my wifes car as they were down.

165/70R13 T on an old corsa on steel rims.

It was only when I got home I noticed that the yellow circles/ dots on the tyres weren't put in line with the tyre valve.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

I wasn't expecting a midrange tyre to have this yellow marking, thinking that only higher spec tyres have this.

Luckily the car has no vibration problems as I drove the car to/ from work up the motorway testing it at all speeds.

How critical is this dot to a steel wheel compared to an alloy?

Why do the majority of tyre places don't seem to bother about this marker?

As the car is running true with no vibrations I am thinking it best to leave it as it is but specify it on the next set of tyres I have.

What do others think?

NickT.

ive only recently started to notice these yellow dots, and didnt even know that was what they were for. i cant remember if mine are lined up, or even near to the valve. i would have thought that as the wheel has to be balanced anyway, can the position of the tyre on the wheel really be that critical?

ive only recently started to notice these yellow dots, and didnt even know that was what they were for. i cant remember if mine are lined up, or even near to the valve. i would have thought that as the wheel has to be balanced anyway, can the position of the tyre on the wheel really be that critical?

Yes it is for today's cars.... All areas that tune the car for better performance albeit engine/suspension or tyres is subject to minute tolerances nowadays.

Yes it is for today's cars.... All areas that tune the car for better performance albeit engine/suspension or tyres is subject to minute tolerances nowadays.

I didnt know this......its a good thing you fitted my last set of tyres!!

I didnt know this......its a good thing you fitted my last set of tyres!!

And the next :D