I've found somewhere at last

Mark H.

I was having my MOT done by a branch of Gordons tyres which was recomended by a couple of people on Pistonheads.

When i was looking at the details they have listed it said that the wakefield branch has a full 4 wheel alignment machine. http://www.gordonstyres.co.uk/pages/gordons_wakefield.htm

http://www.gordonstyres.co.uk/pages/gordons_branches.htm rang up and it sounds like they will put it on the machine and get a reading free then there is a charge if angles need changing so i may try and take it down tomorrow and get it checked out and they will balance my wheels before hand too :) as they vibrate quite a bit after the new tyres were put on.

So hopefully i have found somewhere nearby up north to have the geometry done, just off junction 40 on the M1 iirc. :)

Thanks Tony, Ill try to get one or get a photo of it, not sure what machine they use. Just need to hope they know some good settings for the mr2.

What are your intentions with the car?..... Domestic-track-drift?.... How adjustable is it now?.... Stock or have you added other adjusters.

I just drive it on the road and it is totally stock so not sure what adjustment is available. Although it has 205/50 15 rather than 195/55 15's up front, standard 225/50 15's at the rear still.

Sorry Mark i have to ask the obvious..... Why do you need the calibration measured and what more would you expect from the cars handling.

At the moment i just want to make sure that it is aligned reasonably well and nothing seems to have taken a knock at all. The car seems to hit more potholes in the road nowadays as they get worse and you cant avoid hitting them some of the time and it would be good to know how the car is currently set. Then the tyres will hopefully wear reasonably evenly.

I dont want to particually change any settings just make sure that whatever is suggested in the allowed range is a reasonable setup and wont cause problems.

At the moment i just want to make sure that it is aligned reasonably well and nothing seems to have taken a knock at all. The car seems to hit more potholes in the road nowadays as they get worse and you cant avoid hitting them some of the time and it would be good to know how the car is currently set. Then the tyres will hopefully wear reasonably evenly.

I dont want to particually change any settings just make sure that whatever is suggested in the allowed range is a reasonable setup and wont cause problems.

Fair comment.... Can you please make sure you get a printout.