ARB`s

Bazza

by replacing the ARB with a thicker/stiffer one

will the geometry be affected ??

Simply no.

The polar centre and the angular yaw would not move nor would the centre of gravity. The roll % would allow lateral possibilities but the conclusion is totally dependant on the driver.... knowing you it would be absolute.... and 'stiff' :D

by replacing the ARB with a thicker/stiffer one

will the geometry be affected ??

Simply no.

The polar centre and the angular yaw would not move nor would the centre of gravity. The roll % would allow lateral possibilities but the conclusion is totally dependant on the driver.... knowing you it would be absolute.... and 'stiff' :o

ooohh i like stiff :)

think i will need a check soon, just worried that i might upset the geometry when they are put on

mind you..its fingers crossed i get the car back this weekend :huh:

There's no chance an uprated arb will affect static geometry. Dynamic, of course it will and hopefully for the better (as we can keep our mcphersons closer to how we choose)

Be careful, with the MR2s if you go too thick (stock is 15-17mm - too thick is around 23mm) it's been known to simply rip the arb bush mounts from the chassis.

There's no chance an uprated arb will affect static geometry. Dynamic, of course it will and hopefully for the better (as we can keep our mcphersons closer to how we choose)

Be careful, with the MR2s if you go too thick (stock is 15-17mm - too thick is around 23mm) it's been known to simply rip the arb bush mounts from the chassis.

Aren't the TRD sways 23mm? I beleive they come supplied with uprated poly bushes.

TRDs are 22.2mm. I've seen reports of 25mm solid arbs ripping the bushes off the chassis and a friend who sells 25mm arbs will only sell them with replacement bushes and a chassis strengthening plate (these are 25mm solid, i think the TRD are 22.2 hollow).

Roughly speaking, i've been led to believe the TRD ones are worth an extra 40% stiffness, the whiteline (20mm solid i think) around 100% and these 25mm ones 150 odd percent.