Pre wash/citrus cleaner

Rich

I've not had the time to detail for a long time and TBH I'm not in to it like I was but one thing I've never done is used a pre wash.

Both cars are minging again but just rinsing down with the pressure washer doesn't really remove much. Is a pre wash left to soak for a few minutes going to make much difference or a waste of money. Any recommendations?

My personal advice here,, Give the car a good Wax Polish   Auto Glym  from Halfords  is an excellent product …    
Polish the car   With a coat of wax  first   And then apply several coats of Auto Glym  “ Extra Gloss Protection “.    £12 
Use the entire  bottle of the “Extra Gloss Protection”  up on the ‘Polished car   Over a period of  two or three days   Must be dry during the procedure …  polish any smears off thoroughly   After the last coat,    Then your car only needs a top up ( with Extra Gloss Protection )  once or twice a year …    That’s my best advice ….     Of Course    The true Professional would  Buff his bodywork first with  either clay bar  or a good buffer etc…. Hope this helps,      
Now sold my lovely MX5 NC    I Miss it,     But needed something a bit bigger  more practical. Etc.

take care  keep safe    I will recognise you if I ever set eyes on you.   You will have  arm Muscles like GARTH .

RAY …. COLLINS 

Edited by Ray collins
Mistake of wording
  • Thanks 1

The cars need a good claying and de-tarring before I think about polishing them and adding an LSP. It's finding the time to do it though. So something that will help remove the dirt during the wash process will definitely be ideal. Even after washing I find bits I've missed and have to go over them.

I've never been in to the whole snowfoaming thing and don't want to buy a lance ATM. Once we've moved and I hopefully have more time I may consider it. Although I could use snowfoam with the pressure washer spray bottle, it just won't be as thick.

Looking on Bilt Hamber there seems to be a new product called touchless. It's not cheap but I may give that a go. In the winter the cars get filthy a few days after washing so if I can just use something that gets the majority of the dirt off and not even have to wash that would be better.

I remembered I have some surfex left in the shed, although it's marketed as a degreaser I wonder if I can finish it off as prewash cleaner 🤔

You wont get good results with snowfoam and no lance they are well worth the £15 or so 

If you are pushed for time then the procedure i said earlier followed by some speed gloss* applied with the lance will leave your car looking freshly waxxed and lasts for up to 3 months , you can apply it after every wash 

During winter when the weather is bad i sometimes just snowfoam and rinse , dont shampoo it at all 

*or other spray gloss 

https://www.envycarcare.co.uk/shop/finishing/sealants/speed-gloss-formerly-fa/

That speed gloss looks good but I'm not buying any new products like that just yet, still got loads of polish, wax and sealants sitting in the box! 

I'll probably get a lance once we move but I definitely need something to make washing the cars easier in the meantime.