Had the alignment done on the astra

jammy

+As I'd fitted new lower arms up front I went and got the Geo done  and it reminded me I have an issue to address at the rear of the car.. 

Surprisingly the all but the toe was spot on still.( all still green  and the toe had gone from 0.00 to +0.02!both sides) 

Anyway the rear tow is the issue... 

Rear camber

L =   1.18       R =1.18 

Rear toe

L = +0.16      R = +0.06

Would this suggest a bent stub axle?  

I notice it on left turns though and as I want to sell up its something  I want to try and sort out before hand.. 

Would you say it was the n/s rear toe that was the one that's out given the numbers quite high? 

This was the Geo I had done last week.. 

Difference now is new lower arms and different wheels and tires (wheels are same type and size as before though) 

Things was definitely worn/bent in the first pic.. 

Below is the current settings

IMG_20200910_185614.jpg

Well something definitely isn't right tonight as it's gone a bit sloppy on the bend and not plesent to drive. Got some noises up front again which sounds just like it did when the ball pint and front Bush on both lower arms gave up last month... I think the konis might be coming to the end of their lifw as are the H+R springs

I fif that today mate.. Got nothing loose worn o. The  that the eys can touch or my hands can see. Upfront seems to be OK on a visual along with some wheel shaking trying to find any play but all seems to be where I left it last two ime it was Apart :ponder:

Looks like it's suspension time then!!!

The springs arnt as firm as they should be now, plus the drivers side is sat lower by 5mm too.. 

Didn't want to be buying new shocks ro but I may not have a. Choice.. Its starting to crash through all the bad bits on the roads now as well 

OK then so yesterday I removed the recently replaced lower arms and took them back for a swap over for a new pair. 

Certainly drives way better than it was... 

Managed to do a warranty swap of the arms there and then as my supplier rang febi direct and Feb I was happy to replace them free of charge :)

No visible signs of defect of than the bushes seem to be softer then on the replacement arms..