Understanding results of tracking

Davegoorn

Hi All/Tony

i just had my wheels aligned / tracked on my golf mk4 1.9 tdi after getting new tyres all round they gave me a print out of before and after adjustment (please see attached photo) i cant work out the figures and some figures after adjustment are shown in red which i suspect are out of tolerance could any of you really clever people decode the results for me and tell me what to do if the results are out of tolerance

2019-09-20_122448.pdf2019-09-20_122448.pdf2019-09-20_122448.pdf

Hello and welcome.....

Had it taken a hit on the NSF?...... The camber and toe are tragic and i assume now the car is pulling left?

As for reading the data that particular machine is not very customer friendly, so I'm not surprised it's confusing.

I would hope the shop had explained the final positions because very few would understand what those numbers mean.

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your speedy reply the car doesn’t appear to be pulling to the left or in any particular direction 

I’m wondering now why they didnt put things right if the figures are so far out is this something that can be put right i read a post by your good self about one of the dimensions I think it was the camber that can only be done by adjusting the sub frame 

do you know anyone in Birmingham who could put this right if its possible to put right?

many thanks

Yes the subframe can be moved and some MK4's had independent camber adjusters  which would work better. If the subframe needs to be moved then both the camber positions are optimized. Sometimes it just means that both cambers can be incorrect after but in truth i would adjust yours so that each camber is the exact opposite to what you have now.