Mazda MX5 MK4 ND we have a problem?.........

Tony

Oh dear not again!!..... Falling though the geometric train for help it appears the MK4 has some serious steering issues regarding the steering weight or let's call it desire to remain stable. Our initial findings are regarding the EPS ( Electronic Power Steering )  In the case of the ND the EPS cannot be manipulated by a plug-in nor does it have "line deviation or reactive steering wheel shaker" that can be used in most cases to add weight to the steering feel.

Mazda has not released the MK4 geometric datum for the UK as yet ( wonder why? ) but initial measurements suggest this is the MK3 saga again with the addition of the EPS. In truth i'm not so sure we can get around this geometrically without dramatic measures ( no pun intended ) but this week i will be assessing the numbers gathered so if your interested watch this space.

Raised yes, same as the 3.5 which is 15mm lower than the as sold MK3........ This car in question only had 200 miles on it from new so the owner was far from happy but at least we have a donor car now....... Bit i don't get is didn't he test drive the MK4 before buying?

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired an official Mazda geo test sheet and guess what..... No datum listed for the front camber/ castor or rear camber :whistle:  And a comment at the bottom "no adjustment needed" whereas the wheels were all over the place. :o