IS250 wheel makeover

Tony

gothika aka (Glen) transformed his IS250 today from this........

post-2-1182022903.jpg

To this....

post-2-1182023010.jpg

post-2-1182023037.jpg

Proving perfection can be improved.... Personally i really liked the wheels. They just open the eye, complimenting the overall silk shape of the car.

We also set the car to the revised wim toe positions. And we will monitor the tyre wear alongside Tango's car who has allowed much information gathering from his IS250.

Dont like them....sorry but i prefer the 1st pic ;)

You rascal..... :lol:

They're certainly different. Mine's rolling on the 17" version of the one in the first pic at the mo, as with mucho disappointment I discovered my Volks Racing wheels from Japan that have only been on the car for 6 months, had no coatings on the wheel at all ;) The polished lip on both front wheels had started to show signs of pitting, so the most likely culprit is brake dust as the rear wheels were OK. The inner rims were just bare machined alloy and the outer rims were highly polished, but apparently the technique uses some kind of powder that fills the open pores in the alloy and when polished imparts a chrome like finish.

After removing the centres (they're two piece forged construction) the rims have been refurbed to repair the slight kerbing I had on three of them, and were then scrupiously cleaned and the outer lips repolished (without the powder which seems to be part of the polishing kit) before spraying the whole rim with three coats ot two pack clear laquer.

Japanese manufacture improved by British workmanship.....got them back today and I now know they're better than new ;) .

volks19x95js5.jpg

Dont like them....sorry but i prefer the 1st pic :D

You rascal..... :D

They're certainly different. Mine's rolling on the 17" version of the one in the first pic at the mo, as with mucho disappointment I discovered my Volks Racing wheels from Japan that have been on the car for only 6 months, had no coatings on the wheel at all :heart: The polished lip on both front wheels had started to show signs of pitting, so the most likely culprit is brake dust as the rear wheels were OK. The inner rims were just bare machined alloy and the outer rims were highly polished, but apparently the technique uses some kind of powder that fills the open pores in the alloy and when polished imparts a chrome like finish.

After removing the centres (they're two piece forged construction) the rims have been refurbed to repair the slight kerbing I had on three of them, and were then scrupiously cleaned and the outer lips repolished (without the powder which seems to be part of the polishing kit) before spraying the whole rim with three coats ot two pack clear laquer.

Japanese manufacture improved by British workmanship.....got them back today and I now know they're better than new ;) .

volks19x95js5.jpg

Typical you to improve on the design :D Who did you use to referb the wheels? and without being rude how much did it cost....

Typical you to improve on the design :D Who did you use to referb the wheels? and without being rude how much did it cost....

Small outfit in Iron Acton near Bristol, run by Andy Styles (hence the name) http://www.wheelstyles.co.uk/pages/about.htm. It was £60 a wheel, which I thought was well worth it knowing the amount of work that went into the refurb, including alloy welding two of the rims. The hours spent re-polishing the rims probably exceeded his original estimate for the complete re-furb.

Small outfit in Iron Acton near Bristol, run by Andy Styles (hence the name) http://www.wheelstyles.co.uk/pages/about.htm.

The webby is lacking any lasting impressions..... But i know you would only trust the best..... Too the rude part? how much £

Sorry...edited with the answer. Just mailed Andy that I couldn't get the gallery on his site to work. The website sort of contradicts itself..at one point says something about 'efficiency of service' and then ' We will not promise the quickest turn around in the business, we like to prepare our work thoroughly and guarantee the quality of finish'. Well the last one is quite true, although to be fair I didn't push him on delivery as I didn't really need the wheels.

Tango...any chance you could put a full pic of your car with those wheels on, very nice!! :D

Thought you'd already seen it Scorps, I'm not shy at posting pics of it :heart: :D These are the last ones I have taken after it was tinted. Resolution is a bit is low as they were taken with my mobile phone.

dsc00044jj5km7.jpgdsc00048kp0hh7.jpg

dsc00045ky9fj6.jpg

gothika is considering a brake disc/caliper up-grade... Fancy a group buy?

Yes, I do, as may need the extra stopping power in the near future :D . I asked TK Chan if he had part numbers for the IS350 calipers and discs, but he got his from Tom's and they wouldn't release the part numbers...said they'd be happy to supply me from Hong Kong :heart: don't think so. Then tried a Lexus/Toyota parts department but they said had no access to IS350 parts database in the UK.... :D

...but guess where I'm going next week ;) :D ye-hah

gothika is considering a brake disc/caliper up-grade... Fancy a group buy?

Yes, I do, as may need the extra stopping power in the near future. I asked TK Chan if he had part numbers for the IS350 calipers and discs, but he got his from Tom's and they wouldn't release the part numbers...said they'd be happy to supply me from Hong Kong :heart: don't think so. then tried a Lexus/Toyota parts department but they said had no access to IS350 parts database in the UK.... :D

...but guess where I'm going next week :D :D ye-hah

Leave it with me... ;)

Leave it with me... ;)

OK, you have my attention....OEM or other???

Other... I am sure i can locate the up-grade.

Any progress? Or will I be carrying a very heavy suitcase back from Houston? Actually, if I just get the calipers it will not be that heavy and I can get the discs shipped from DBA :wacko:

Leave it with me... ;)

OK, you have my attention....OEM or other???

Other... I am sure i can locate the up-grade.

Any progress? Or will I be carrying a very heavy suitcase back from Houston? Actually, if I just get the calipers it will not be that heavy and I can get the discs shipped from DBA :wacko:

We are on the case. Seemingly there are some sole agents here in the UK. But it's possible to route the products around them...... Watch this space >.<

Any progress? Or will I be carrying a very heavy suitcase back from Houston? Actually, if I just get the calipers it will not be that heavy and I can get the discs shipped from DBA :)

We are on the case. Seemingly there are some sole agents here in the UK. But it's possible to route the products around them...... Watch this space

Got a quote from Lexus Westside in Houston today for the IS350 calipers and rotors....$717 (approx 370 quid). Don't think you're going to match that Tony?

Any progress? Or will I be carrying a very heavy suitcase back from Houston? Actually, if I just get the calipers it will not be that heavy and I can get the discs shipped from DBA :)

We are on the case. Seemingly there are some sole agents here in the UK. But it's possible to route the products around them...... Watch this space

Got a quote from Lexus Westside in Houston today for the IS350 calipers and rotors....$717 (approx 370 quid). Don't think you're going to match that Tony?

I priced front/rear calipers/discs/pads at £1000ish plus vat and installation. Although looking for better prices globally is always an option.