New brake unit for my IS 250

Last month I have the IS250 front brake unit changed to the bigger one used in the IS350. It fits with no modification and is a direct bolt on job. Very subtle change in appearance unless directly compared. Braking power is much improved but no adrupt jerking and is actually smoother than the original unit. Here are some pictures:

The four port caliper

Brakechange01.jpg

The original 298mm disc on the left, the new 330mm disc on the right

Brakechange02.jpg

The new brake unit in place

Brakechange03.jpg

The original brake unit behind the wheel

Brakechange04.jpg

The new brake unit behind the wheel

Brakechange05.jpg

Brakechange06.jpg

Very nice... You really have caught the modification bug!!!.... Was this mod only for the front?

Yes, that is only for the front. I may go for the exhaust pipes as my next modification but that is not urgent at all :worried_anim: .

Very nice... You really have caught the modification bug!!!.... Was this mod only for the front?

Yes, that is only for the front. I may go for the exhaust pipes as my next modification but that is not urgent at all :huh: .

I fitted Tango's flutes. They looked and sounded..........Superb :worried_anim: An absolute mod must for the 250!!!!

• 5 months later...

After Mark's advice NOT to get EBC discs for my IS250, I carried a rather heavy suitcase back from Texas yesterday (well BA carried it most of the way :) ) with a couple of OEM IS350 front discs, backplates/dust guards and a full set of stainless steel braided teflon flexible brakelines for both front and rear.

Already have the 350 calipers and the new ceramic padsets & shims from an earlier trip.

Wanna do a pictorial fitment Tony??

After Mark's advice NOT to get EBC discs for my IS250, I carried a rather heavy suitcase back from Texas yesterday (well BA carried it most of the way :) ) with a couple of OEM IS350 front discs, backplates/dust guards and a full set of stainless steel braided teflon flexible brakelines for both front and rear.

Already have the 350 calipers and the new ceramic padsets & shims from an earlier trip.

Wanna do a pictorial fitment Tony??

Oh yes :) .......... We love pictorials :)

Nice job .... but I think the grey looks boring .... i'd powdercoat them gloss black?

Ahmet, you know me better than that....grey outta the box but they're now gloss black with chrome caliper decals, 'LEXUS' and the 'L' logo on each. :P

Nice job .... but I think the grey looks boring .... i'd powdercoat them gloss black?

Ahmet, you know me better than that....grey outta the box but they're now gloss black with chrome caliper decals, 'LEXUS' and the 'L' logo on each. :o

That's what I'm talking about ..... don't forget I want first pickings when you sell that car :o