Inside tyre wear - Camber problem?

....That wasn't a great start.

As you can tell, I'm a new member. I'm hoping you guys can help me out with my tyre wear problem.

I've just had new tyres fitted and noted on the old ones, that there was considerable wear to the inside shoulders of the front tyres. The NSF was considerably more worn that the OSF. The tyre man said the problem is to do with the camber.

Can anyone offer any advice or knowledge on the problem and how I might solve it?

Many thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, welcome to WIM :)

The best thing to do is get the geometry checked and put the printout on here to see where the problem is. Depending on the type of wear it could also be the toe angle that's the culprit. Did you take any photos of the wear, was it smooth or feathered?

Is the car standard or lowered as well?

Tony is on holiday for nearly 2 weeks so you will have to wait for him to return unless one of the other staff members at WIM reads this thread.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick responses.

Liner33 - I'm mainly based just outside Northampton, near Towcester.

Rich - No photos, but the wear was smooth. Standard set up, but wheels and tyres upgraded to 225/40 R18.

Thanks.

It could be camber then. What size are the original wheels and do the new ones have the same offset or if it's different what is it?

I would get a geometry done though so you can see exactly where the angles are and pinpoint the cause of the wear. Have a look on align my car for a local garage to you if WIM is too far, although it's only around 40 miles away so not that far if you want to use a trustworthy company with knowledgeable staff. They will get it sorted first time round :)

I made sure I bought wheels that were a very close match to the original overall size including tyre, so no offset required.

My local tyre company can do me a print out later today, so I'll nip down there this afternoon.