suspension failure

scorps

My son in law bought a Fiesta ST on a 55 plate and the damper has snapped off from the top mount and collapsed (it's on coilovers I think) I'm trying to get the make of them but he thinks they are German.

He lives in Sussex, a bit away from me but we are going to have a look when I get the time! will I need a ball joint breaker,(I aint got one) 

or is the leg attached to the control arm with bolts, makes my life easier!!!

1) What are his options: try and find a replacement same make/model from Germany

2) Change them for new coilovers probably expensive for him

3) Revert to std shocks all round

cheers guys

It should be a single pinch bolt at the hub so no ball joint breaker needed. Maybe two pinch bolts but they are not camber adjustable whatever.

Options are you will need to replace the damper whatever..... What make are they?

He's in Burgess Hill, but thanks Adam.  :)

He's going to phone them on Monday and hopefully get a new one sent down about £100 so not too bad.

He phones RAC last night said he needed towing home, van turned up and he said ooh it needs towing!....no s**t Sherlock!!!............. a tow truck will take 3 hrs to get here :o now I thought all the vans were equipped with a dolly.