Volvo 245...... supra powered!

SHAHZ

The problem with the E60 M5 is that it is very bespoke, cost to run wasn't looking that dissimilar (and could even have been higher) than I'm expecting for the Ferrari so for the kind of car it is it is a bit excessive.

The new F10 should be much more reasonable, but that's because it's nowhere near as special so I guess you have to compromise somewhere.

Surely the E60 M5 is a derivative or lets say a collective of the E60 series, so what makes it so bespoke.

Nope unlike the F10 which is a souped up 550i in many respects, the E60 (as far as I know) was very bespoke. The engine obviously was a one-off F1 derived masterpiece and I've been told that many other aspects are also specific to the M5.

I might have been fed a lot of rubbish to be fair as I fairly quickly diverted to the supercar search but bills I had seen seemed to back up the costs. To be fair though with your contacts it's probably going to be a lot cheaper to run than it would be for someone like me.