Coilover...... nothing?

Tony

Maybe it was my day off but i have never seen an adjustable coil platform independent of the oil non-adjustable damper....

post-2-1177443212.jpg

post-2-1177443241.jpg

Have you :thumbsup_anim:

Suppose you could compare it to the Hilo system used on mini's, has the same effect, used to adjust ride height without needing adjustable dampers, then lowering the car is mainly a looks thing I guess.

Kind of odd though since the damper stroke is dependant in the suspension's calibration.... I have never seen this before so my maths is working this one :thumbsup_anim:

ive seen somthin simular in a cataloge...um mite be demontweeks.would have been a while ago now but was goin tp get some for 1 of my many car's.thay were somthin like £15 each or a pair...dont quote me as to where iv seen them but have defo seen them.....

I wouldn't shout this concept down but i personally feel uncomfortable with the calibration relationship..... Dunno it just seems weired!

im usually 1 to give anything ago once.but now having children goin in the car i dont think i would chance this mod.i would just go and get some proper adjustable's.i think the bottem plate's have to be spot welded in to place too.were thay also on the front?as thay were advertised as a pair in the cataloge and think there only ment to be used on the front.unless you have coil overs on the rear too

We use a similar)ish) set up on Monaros. Very similar to an omega, so spring is further up the arm, but it is seperate from the damper.

It is not possible to fit coilovers to the damper position as there is insufficent strength in the shell. Im not sure i see the problem? It replicates the OEM design and operation, just with a different spring and damper rates?

We use a similar)ish) set up on Monaros. Very similar to an omega, so spring is further up the arm, but it is seperate from the damper.

It is not possible to fit coilovers to the damper position as there is insufficent strength in the shell. Im not sure i see the problem? It replicates the OEM design and operation, just with a different spring and damper rates?

The inert damper control is concerning don't you think.