Distressed email

Just before you go to bed you get this.

Thank you for responding to my message.

Yes, I do have most of the data, before and after, for all the geometry reports. The "after" results for the last adjustments were:

Front left camber = -1.3°

Front right camber = -1.4°

Front left toe = 0.04°

Front right toe = 0.05°

Front left caster = 5.2°

Front right caster = 5.4°

Front cross camber = 0.1°

Front cross caster = -0.2°

Front cross SAI =-0.5°

Front total toe = 0.09°

Rear left camber = -1.5°

Rear right camber = -2.1°

Rear left toe = 0.09°

Rear right toe = 0.07°

Rear cross camber = 0.5°

Rear total toe = 0.17°

Rear thrust angle = 0.01°

This last set up did yield the longest lasting interval before the front tires began to growl, about 12K miles. Typically after about 5K miles the feather-edging on the inner front treads becomes so excessive that the growling noise is noticeable. Typically at this time I would rotate the tires front to back and that buys me another 5K miles. Of course after that there is nowhere to go but live with it. This last set-up has allowed me to stretch my rotation schedule out to 10 K miles.

Here are some of the previous geometries that that did not help at all:

Front Camber: L -0.08°, R -0.09° Toe: L +0.04°, R +0.05°

Front Camber: L -0.06°, R -0.09° Toe: L +0.06°, R +0.04°

Front Camber: L -1.2°, R -1.2° Toe: L +0.11°, R +0.04°

Front Camber: L -0.6°, R -1.0° Toe: L +0.13°, R +0.19°

I would like to find a geometry set-up that results in uniform normal tire wear. I am willing to give up any handling characteristics that this vehicle was set up for. Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thanks, Charles Bandera

Any ideas :rolleyes_anim: Thing is it's very evident the owner is desperate to resolve this wear issue and i wonder if the wim team can identify a criminal?

Ok, everybody knows geometry isn't my thing but this one is easy.

I say he's a really big heavy guy and the car is buckling in the middle. More so at the front because of the weight of the engine.

Damn I'm good.

Erm.... if you are reading this Charles, I'm only pulling your leg and no offence. Please feel free to come and poke me with a big stick. I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing but wanted to add something to a geometry related thread.

I'll get my coat....

Ok, everybody knows geometry isn't my thing but this one is easy.

I say he's a really big heavy guy and the car is buckling in the middle. More so at the front because of the weight of the engine.

Damn I'm good.

Erm.... if you are reading this Charles, I'm only pulling your leg and no offence. Please feel free to come and poke me with a big stick. I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing but wanted to add something to a geometry related thread.

I'll get my coat....

Coat off you did real good :rolleyes_anim: .... I suppose the point of this post is it displays people from all over the world suffer from the same problem. This particular issue will take a lot of time to assess but we will... It's quite concerning though since the issue is a simple domestic one, don't you think?

cor wish i get that sort of milage out of a tyre....he say's about sacrificing any handlin carecturistics the car has?surly if it drive's and handle's rite then wouldnt this tyre were be its norm pattern?and alterin these point's would make the car lesser then what it is and not handle correctly..i also no nothin but hope what i said make's some sence???? :rolleyes_anim:

cor wish i get that sort of milage out of a tyre....he say's about sacrificing any handlin carecturistics the car has?surly if it drive's and handle's rite then wouldnt this tyre were be its norm pattern?and alterin these point's would make the car lesser then what it is and not handle correctly..i also no nothin but hope what i said make's some sence???? :rolleyes_anim:

You did real good as well.... shows that people are learning from the topics here. The Omega has some dire handling issues and a poor dynamic index which is a shame for such a loverly car.....Anyhoo it also has front coils as long as an elephants..........Trunk! this produces some impressive dynamic camber gains making the stock positions redundant progressively as the coils age.

wim has some established base-line positions for the older car but the end positions are determined from the fine-tune allowing a second glimpse at any continuing tyre wear..... then the final positions can be established.

have driven a few omegas and to feal thay have major issues regardin handeling..shame though cos thay are quite a motor.

allways fancied an elite:

I like the cars personally but Geometrically they are pants. There is an evident deterioration of the dynamic camber gain but no official progressive table for shops to follow.... meaning each and every car is set assuming the coil rate is as new! well it's not so we now have another car with historic tyre wear problems.... This can be corrected but it's more theoretical than other cars so the final set-up is on the fly so to speak.