Camber correction bushes

liner33

A mate gave me a set of these (4) bushes for the front camber on Skylines

P1000288_zps195b78e2.jpg

Now I'm thinking of fitting them myself and then getting the geo sorted

The question is how to fit them as in what position do i set the hole , logically my gut is telling me 3 o'clock but i'm wondering if thats too much and i should be more like 1 o'clock or 5 o'clock , or should i just leave it to the chap that aligns it ??

This is the extent of the problem i'm trying to correct, which isnt really a priority due to the miles i do , i imagine the only downside will be increased wear on the shoulders

img012-1_zpsded2e421.jpg

Unfortunately those arms I linked are not available so ive ordered these

kca348_zps84491e03.jpg

Depending on what you read they either give -/=.5 degrees or =/- 1 degree , coupled with the other bushes that should give me more than enough

I removed the front wheel to clean it over the weekend and the inner edge of the tyre is looking a bit worn so sooner rather than later

Yes I think each gives .5 degrees and I need almost 1 full degree so ill fit each set to correct the negative camber

I can put the magnetic gauge on the brake disc to get close to where it needs to be I'm aiming for about -1 degree

• 4 weeks later...

Right only got around to this yesterday

129BE430-A5C6-4411-89E6-F6F9454CFA30-4275-0000071A90B6CC99_zps4af701ab.jpg

What a pain in the **** , took me over two hours to do one side , not really a one man job and has had a limited impact , camber is about 1.5 each side now though but i'm going to have a rethink

Interestingly the vibration from the wheel has lessened

I just put them in at the maximum point ie , with the offset hole away from the car to kick the strut out

It looks like the will turn ok the longer bolt with the nut bottoms out so will spin the whole centre so you just lock it in place with the nut