8th gen Honda Accord

Brett

Hi guys new member hear with a problem.Ok as the title says i have rear inner tyre wear on my car.

I have had a Hunter wheel alignment and the only thing that is out of spec is the rear camber.

I was told only the toe would cause inner tyre wear but this is not the case.

Im ridding on upgraded OEM 18" wheels at the min and the car is not lowered.

Any info guys on this would be apreciated.Hear is the results of my Aliginment.Also since this Alignment was done the inner wear hasent inproved.

scan0002-1.jpg

The problem is definitely the camber not the toe. Question is why is it wrong? Most times this would be due to coil sag but with only 30k on the clock it's unlikely in your case. I think the best thing to do is force an adjustment using these arms> http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/333/7759/filter not cheap but they will solve the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a chat with Faz from Type Accord and he has been running J power cambers for 2 years and recomened them.

Also Tony to add to this thread the wear on my tyres might also be due to me towing a caravan this i forgot to say.

When the van is on the rear of the car will drop a little with the weight of the caravan but withing the limits of hondas nose weight.

I had a chat with Steve from Holdcroft and he said if the camber is already slightly out with the caravan hooked on this will cause more - camber hence more wear on the inside tyres.

He also said when i get the new cambers fitted have the camber set to the upper limits but still in spec.This in affect i think would then keep the car in the lower limits but still in spec with the caravan on.

This might be an option Tony but i would say the springs would compress again unless i went for a harder spring.

I think Honda springs are quite soft as this also happened to my old 7th gen but with no inside tyre wear.

I spoke to Honda about this as a warrenty claim but in most cases they would see this as wear and tear.

Not that good imo for a car with only 30k on.

If i get the new cambers i will keep you updated on this.

Some very good advice from the seller from the USA.The camber kit will only work on my car if not fitted with the suspension sensor.

Now iv done some digging and it seems this sensor is the one for factory fitted HIDS on the 8th gen.

The sensor is the self levelling sencor for your headlights one on the rear and one on the front.

im in luck as my car haven't got stock HIDS :)

Some good info for 8th gen owners here ;)