What would cause this?

AlexGSi2000

Morning,

Just thought I would post in here as an existing member pointed me towards the forum.

Basically, I purchased my car back in February this year. It was advertised with a full MOT - as I was looking through the cars history I noticed that before it passed the MOT (In early Feb) it failed on "Cracks on all tyres".

Therefore all four tyres were replaced to pass the MOT - they still look like new and I have the invoice for them. - I can only presume they were the same tyre brand / model that was fitted previously.

I was under the car the other day inspecting the tyres - two of them have cracked (see the below picture) - this is after 3,500 miles of driving.

They are budget tyres - and pretty much the cheapest option for this tyre size - what I am wondering is - is it something Im neglecting to do or just a bad design?

The tyre dimensions are 235/35/19 - I keep them at 35psi all round (2002 Audi A4 Avant) - tracking is fine, wear is even across the tyre & its not rubbing.

Going to replace them all for some Maxxis MAZ1's.

Thanks.

photo.jpg

Dealt with this many times over the years...... It's not an MOT fail and they are safe to drive on, admittedly it doesn't look very good but it's just the join that overlaps and sometimes opens up due to under-inflation or poor manufacturing.

Dealt with this many times over the years...... It's not an MOT fail and they are safe to drive on, admittedly it doesn't look very good but it's just the join that overlaps and sometimes opens up due to under-inflation or poor manufacturing.

Ah - knowledge is power eh! - Thanks for your advice, I wont start hunting new tyres for a few months now then.