Super Tracker

Rich

Watching Wheeler Dealer yesterday Edd was talking about how he would have to reset the cars geometry after changing suspension parts. They only showed you on one of the episodes of him doing this and what he uses - See Here - Play from 1 minute.

In another episode he also turned a Porsche into a track car and fitted Gaz Gold coilovers. When fitting them he mentioned about the camber bolts and how they would need resetting.

So my question is could the equipment he had in the garage, a super tracker, be used to adjust camber (I'm not sure what the Lexus has)? Obviously there is no printout with these and they wouldn't be able to do a full geometry neither? If they can be used to adjust the camber how would you do it cos the car has to stay on the ground I think making access difficult?

I'm wondering if that super tracker is just for show and they take the cars somewhere else for a proper geometry. Or maybe they really do use it and are oblivious to the proper world of chassis dynamics like alot of the industry.

They must know it can't measure camber, so i would say it's an "impression" they are doing the job correctly.

It's kind of misleading though. If someone was building a car for track use saw that and took it to a garage who had a super tracker (or equivalent) and asked them to set it up, they're going to be very disappointed B)