Tyre pressures

Tango

Been checking the tyre wear pattern as usual and still experiencing more wear on the outside edges of all four. Have been running 38 psi (cold) all round, so have now increased pressures to 40 psi all round, but may have to go even higher to get even tyre wear across the width. The main reason I've been running 38 psi was that we found it to be the optimum pressure for even tyre wear on the IS250 which also had 19" rims, albeit on ever so slightly wider Toyo T1-R's, whereas the IS-F is running on Michelin Super Sports. Is there any reason why the IS-F should require higher pressures than the IS250 apart from the difference in the make of tyre? According to the owners handbook I shouldn't need pressures in excess of 40 psi unless I'm regularly doing speeds of 150 mph plus ;).

Is there much difference in the cars weight?

The IS250 was 2045 kg (1530-1620 kerb weight) and the IS-F is 2120 kg (1700-1730 kerb weight). The gross weight difference is less than the kerb weight because the IS-F seats 4 whereas the IS250 seats 5. In reality the IS-F is probably 110 kg heavier than the IS250 was for most of the time.