2nd Gen MR2 - Rear Suspension Geometry

martinwinlow

Hi,

I am in the planning stages of a kit car build (Sebring International SX) which, as standard, uses a Jag XJ6 rear suspension, diff, hubs and half-shafts connected to a front mounted gearbox and engine.

However, I am doing an electric drive version (!) and want to mount a rear/mid located gearbox mated though the donor gearbox's standard clutch/modified flywheel to the electric motor (which I already have). This will leave the front of the vehicle free to mount the substantial battery pack - roughly 0.5m wide by 1m long by 0.3m high and weighing 250kg.

Having done a bit of research I would like to use the Mk II MR2 gearbox and suspension, altering the Sebring's mounting points accordingly.

I therefore need an idea of the dimensions of the various relevant mounting points of the suspension components and gearbox as well as the gearbox's pertinent dimensions. Obviously there will undoubtably be a fair amount of messing around involved including changing the half-shaft lengths etc. At this stage, just a rough idea would do, so I can see if it is at least feasible lest I have to abandon the MR2 and use something else, like the old VW Beetle transaxle, for example.

If anyone has the relevant dims or knows where I can get them - without having to find an actual MR2 and get under it with a laser level or something, I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Regards, Martin Winlow.

Hello Martin

As interesting as your project reads this is not the sort of information this forum can deliver. We deal with the end results, rather than the developments, so i'm sorry i'm not able to help, maybe other members can.