My mk2 MR2

RobPhoboS

Hey guys,

I thought I'd post this here if anyone is interested.

My car is using BC Racing coilovers (BR series), rear camber bolts, whiteline antiroll bars, standard wheels on Toyo T1R's.

The T1R's have a huge amount of tyre wall flex on 15" wheels, which is at times, a bit unsettling but I've increased the pressure from 29/33 to 32/36. However, I'm not entirely sure if that's made a difference or not.

Here is the before/after print out:

IMAG0060.jpg

Many thanks again guys for doing the work, hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to gauge how it feels (motorway journey home from WIM).

Hi Tony,

I know just as I was leaving we very briefly spoke about the springs on my suspension. I effectively said that for road use, even on it's softest settings F & R, that I still think it feels a bit too harsh, and would softer springs help resolve this. I think you said I needed to find out if it was bump or rebound ?

If so, is there a way I can diagnose that ?

I'm fairly sure these are the spring rates:

Front Spring Rate : 5kg/mm (280lbs/in)

Rear Spring Rate : 8kg/mm (448lbs/in)

But I've noticed on their site they now offer (as well as 5/8kg):

Front Spring Rate : 4kg/mm (224lbs/in)

Rear Spring Rate : 6kg/mm (336lbs/in)

Many thanks for any help on this !

p.s

I've noticed that the car feels a LOT more stable, less tramlining and it feels like it turns in quicker/sharper.

:whistle:

Front Spring Rate : 4kg/mm (224lbs/in)

Rear Spring Rate : 6kg/mm (336lbs/in)

Is quite a change, my only concern is could they be to soft.

I've noticed they have a lot of choices, so I'm not limited to that specific set-up of springs:

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/springs/

But as mentioned, I'm not sure if it is the spring rate, although the damping setting is set to 30 (softest) all round. So in my tiny mind, it seems to make sense that its the springs but of course I haven't a clue !

In the new year I'm hoping to get a few outings on track but probably not that many (£££).

GAZ run 250/ 350 fast road/ occ track, 400/ 500 track. I think a track day will make your mind up.

Ah thanks for the info.

I also emailed BC Racing just before posting this message originally to see what they said as well.

The support chap is just finding out some info for me but initial response is for the 4/6kg largely with road/occ track.

I guess the good thing is, if I try out the softer springs then later do more track days, at least I'll have the harder springs to swap over to.

Who knows, maybe some roads will get resurfaced as well ! :smile_anim: