Preparations for this season

Tony

All the usual bits

- I'll give the girl a good service (i need to do the valve clearances as she's getting tappy and the cambelt is due)

- Fit cage / plumbed in fire ex / electric kill switch

- Replace tyres / get geometry totally changed

- duct front and rear discs

- fit speedflaps and diveplates at the front to try and give me a bit more front aero

- vent front wings and route rad air out there for above reason

- maybe replace exhaust with custom TDI job

- start to cut out dash to save more weight

I'm sure there's a million more things to do but that's all I can think of.

I was going for a big brake kit until I bought a set of carbotech xp8 race pads. Unbelievable.

Look forward to seeing you on track this year Sam :(

"Unbelievable" .... why?

Their race pads (and fast road pads in fact) are simply stunning compared to everything else I've tried (and I've been through a few pads as i've a brake fetish). Not only do they stop better than anything else, they don't have the normal drawbacks of race pads in that they're pretty kind to the rotars (comparatively) and the release characteristics are great. They dust and squeak a lot but I'm a very heavy braker and I've only managed to PART fade them once after a really long stint at Donnington.

Well impressed.

25 March - Practice Day

15 April - Spring National

12 May - May Open

13 May - May MSA

2 June - Historic Hill Climb (joint event with VSCC)

3 June - Jim Thompson

7/8 July - July MSA

5 August - Montague Burton

26 August - Summer Championship

15 September - Greenwood Cup

16 September - Mike Wilson Memorial

Practice starts at 0900 hours.

Official timed runs start at approximately 12.30pm.

Admission per adult £10.00 (except Saturday 7th July - MSA Practice - £5 per adult), including a FREE programme whilst stocks last.

FREE admission to the paddock

FREE admission for Children under 14 years

FREE Car Parks, including Hillside, with a view of the track

The car is now back in the body shop having a few scratches taken care of. I'm also still awaiting finding a decent place to finish off my 3" exhaust system. Then I'll be dropping it off again at TDI for mapping and some other minor issues plus a geometry set up.

Then it 'should' emerge as the fastest IS 200 with standard engine (other than uprated internals etc) in the UK if not Europe!!!

With the other projects going ahead... this will be a VERY interesting year :)

The car is now back in the body shop having a few scratches taken care of. I'm also still awaiting finding a decent place to finish off my 3" exhaust system. Then I'll be dropping it off again at TDI for mapping and some other minor issues plus a geometry set up.

Then it 'should' emerge as the fastest IS 200 with standard engine (other than uprated internals etc) in the UK if not Europe!!!

Why not use TDI for the exhaust system?

Also, what is it about tuning IS200s? People seem to throw crazy money into them for very little reward. If I can ask, what power do you hope to be running at what cost?

Thank you Mark... Maybe we can team up at one of the events so you can fill me in on all the regulations and so on.

No problem if you want a trip up to Leeds, i can arrange to meet up with people and show everyone the way there.

Bugger, was just about to ask if this was down south, as it's something i'm intrested in. Bit faaaaaaaaaaaar for me though!

Why not use TDI for the exhaust system?

Also, what is it about tuning IS200s? People seem to throw crazy money into them for very little reward. If I can ask, what power do you hope to be running at what cost?

It's all about pushing the boundaries jon ;)

Adie's car in particular has been quite an on-going project (not without it's problems) and thanks to people like him, we know the IS200 engine can only take around 270bhp before exploding :)

I'm hoping for around the 400bhp mark with my IS. This is due to not knowing what the gearbox can actually take. There is some thought that 400bhp should be fine for the gearbox. As for cost... ALOT ;)

Ah, that's not too bad then :)

I'm hoping for around the 400bhp mark with my IS. This is due to not knowing what the gearbox can actually take. There is some thought that 400bhp should be fine for the gearbox. As for cost... ALOT ;)

Ah, that's not too bad then :)

I've got a thread going on the Lexus Owners Club. If you want to have a look what's been done so far. I'll put one up on here when I get time too.

Link here

I'm hoping for around the 400bhp mark with my IS. This is due to not knowing what the gearbox can actually take. There is some thought that 400bhp should be fine for the gearbox. As for cost... ALOT :sad01_anim:

Ah, that's not too bad then graduated.gif

I've got a thread going on the Lexus Owners Club. If you want to have a look what's been done so far. I'll put one up on here when I get time too.

Link here

Done mate....:- http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...p?showtopic=862 We will watch the developments very.... VERY! closely :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Just set this little babe for Mr Smith (positions classified :) )

Mazda MX5 NA, stripped, braced and weighted........ MX5's i love em

post-2-1176025256.jpg

Hi My name is Mark, I'm a Belgian MX-5 enthousiast.

I absolutely adore the rear fender...can somebody contact me to let me know where I can get hold of one??

Pleeeeeeaaaaaase? :rolleyes:

Thankx in advance!!

Greetings to all