this was the beginning!

phipck

Nice setups - love the 40" monitor! As I need to sit a desk when working I opted for a 32" but when I use it as a TV wish it was a 40 (or bigger!)

Sorry to drift off topic, but I have my TV on a moveable wall mount, so never laid cables in the wall for speakers as when the TV is turned it wouldn't work.

Can you get speaker brackets that would mount to the TV's wall mount and therefore move with the TV?

Possibly, as most tv mouts conform to the VESA system there might be a secondary bracket that can be added. But most speakers are different sizes and shapes so I would consider making them to suit the job, should be able to make something out of sheet metal that will mount to the visa bracket ( consider the brackets max weight limit) and something that will hold your speakers..... Out of curiosity, what are the speakers?

Possibly, as most tv mouts conform to the VESA system there might be a secondary bracket that can be added. But most speakers are different sizes and shapes so I would consider making them to suit the job, should be able to make something out of sheet metal that will mount to the visa bracket ( consider the brackets max weight limit) and something that will hold your speakers..... Out of curiosity, what are the speakers?

Don't have any at the mo, just use a set of JBL creatures that sit on the desk - but would like to mount something either side of the TV if I can get something suitable with decent quality sound. Most 2.1 satellite speakers should work, it's the mountings that'll require a bit of work.