trialing new Geo place in Surrey

rooflessdriver

Had some work done on my MX5 exhaust last weekend and whilst talking to the manager, I noticed they have a new Hunter Geo system installed.

He booked me in today for a Geo check and adjustment as I could feel a slight pull to the left in the steering wheel.

I took my last printout from WIMs with the target figures I normally have.

Results are as follows :

Front

Camber

Left -0.41

Right -0.44

Toe

Left -0.05

Right -0.05

Total 0.10

Caster

Left 5.37

Right 5.30

Rear

Camber

Left -1.39

Right -1.41

Toe

Left 0.18

right 0.17

Total 0.35

The print out I got isn't the same as the one I normally get from WIMs so I don't have the other front Caster figures or the settings before they started. (It looks like a screen shot.)

He also commented that the rear adjusters were completely siezed and took ages to free, recommends that I get some replacement bolts. (Last done at WIMs on 6/2/11)

Any comments?

• 2 weeks later...
If it's grayshade then it's not been measured..... no good, go back.

Back from a driving holiday in Wales and been back in to the centre.

They pulled the details up on screen and everytime they tried to get a print out,

it came up with different figures :speak_cool:

It was around 4pm and they were quiet, so they put the car back on the ramps and set it up.

Everything looked ok, but again when they printed it off either the castor printed out grey or different

to what was on the screen.

Finally got a screenshot that matched the screen output and the castor had been set at 5.37 left and 5.30 right.

They are going to get the printing side of things checked out!

Ok i think i know what's going wrong here. On set-up the machine asks for the trim/ body height and this has to be imputed or some target data will not be displayed. Your car is outside of the Mazda target range so the target data has to be manually applied which it hasn't been, in this event you can see the actual castor position but no destination, hence the gray shade.

End numbers look fine so no worries there.

Yup, that makes sense.

When they first put the car up on the ramps with the sensors it was still coming up greyed out.

One of the other guys, who seems to know his stuff, said they need to measure the ride height for Castor to come up and went round, reading out the heights.

After that the Castor settings became active.

Sounds like a training issue. I had a chat with Mike as he was working and said that they were given one days training on the kit, but his background is motorsports, and did a degree in motorsport engineering.