Just waxed my 928 with Zymol Glasur

Mark H.

I've never used collinite but the Zymol goes on easily.

I've already washed and clayed it and waxed it and this was a 2nd waxing.

I actually washed it the day before as well as my dads and neighbours car :lol:.

So just gave it a quick rinse, dried it off, then started waxing each panel by hand.

You just put a small amount of wax in your hand, rub it round until it melts, then spread it around a bodywork panel, you can feel when its spread out and wont go further, then you leave it for a little while, maybe 1 min in hot sunlight to 10-15min in the shade, then buff it off with a microfibre cloth. Although you cant wash the micro fibre cloth anymore as it repels all water, lol, impressive beading on it though :D.

I think glasur is around 51% yellow carnuba wax with no white content. I'm definitely happy with it.

Thought i would give it the 2nd layer as it was good weather and i just cleaned it the day before as i live next to a main road so it gets filthy overnight, then if it rains it picks up the dust into blobs of water then dries with dirty blobs all over the car. So decided to do another layer before the Yorkshire Big Breakfast on Sunday. I'll just give it a rinse Saturday evening now.

Think its about £100 a tub now :( , i think mine was £90 but i purchased loads of stuff when a dealer was shutting so it was half price iirc so about £45. It was the only wax they had left, so i bought it even though i didn't have a Porsche at the time, lol. Guess i must have known something back then.