Which settings to start with?

alolympic

This may be a strange post, and a real can of worms, but I can think of nowhere better to ask than here.

Following on from WIM sorting out my Triumph Toledo last year I have an even stranger animal to work with.

rear.jpg

This is a 1962 Rochdale Olympic, running a K series engine. Suspension is based on an E30 BMW, and coilovers are Avo's.

Because this car is a bit of a hybrid, there are no OEM geometry settings to aim for, so it is going to be trial and error.

Before I start driving it long distances I want to at least set things up within normal tolerances. Basically, until I can visit WIM, I want to keep the car on the road safely.

So, taking it to Demon Tweeks to get it all measured and adjusted, this weekend, are there are any basic settings which I should base things on as a start point.

I.E> Camber angles, castor angles, Toe In etc.

Told you it was a strange one.......

Cheers Guys

Why not just go zero all round and see how it drives?

Maybe a tad of front toe in for high speed stability, but no point in putting anything else on it until its driven and shows up any discrepancies.

Castor as the BMW I suppose.

Tony?

No that would be a very bad idea!

Stock E30 offers front toe only. Main thing at this point is to ensure everything is square but sport E30 positions would be a good place to start.

Why not just go zero all round and see how it drives?

Maybe a tad of front toe in for high speed stability, but no point in putting anything else on it until its driven and shows up any discrepancies.

Castor as the BMW I suppose.

Tony?

No that would be a very bad idea!

Stock E30 offers front toe only. Main thing at this point is to ensure everything is square but sport E30 positions would be a good place to start.

Wouldn't this have an axle CIH....