F1 active wing

Tony

Yes it's back this season. That's quite a considerable movement though, didn't realise it would be that much. Strict rules around use though, think it can only be used on the longest straight and there are some other rules involved.

Should make it interesting if it does what it's supposed to and create more overtaking, the combination of this and KERS should mean that there could be a big difference in speed between two different cars.

Only thing that's a bit weird will be them pressing so many buttons while trying to drive. I don't like how they're making things too technical.

My personal opinion is the cars should have lots more power and less grip - I want to see the drivers really wrestling with the cars and then we'll see who's best :o

Reads like an accident waiting to happen to me...... The driver should be thinking about the rapidly approaching bend rather then remember to lower the wing.

I don't think it'll work like that, it'll be similar to KERS - push button wing lowers, let go of button wing goes back.

I don't think the accident risk is as high as it's being played up to be, but yes they will be coming down the main straight, one finger on KERS, one finger on the wing button, rest of the fingers holding the wheel - although it's not as bad as Alonso driving one handed last year as he operated the f-duct with the other hand..........

I still say 1000bhp turbo'd engines with minimal grip like the 80s :o