WIM'd Eunos at Brands 31st Jan

andyelcomb

Very, very standard and old (230000km) Mk1 S-Spec MX5 (Eunos) handled beautifully at Brands on Monday, thanks to the guys at WIM that had set it to their fast road spec a while back.

Others were there with sticky trackday tyres and lowered suspension, but didn't appear to be any quicker in the corners.

Front left tyre showed quite a bit of graining by the end of the day (195/50/15 Toyo Proxes T1-R) which doesn't surprise me considering they have a lot of grooves and the rubber will walk about and it did have just a smidgeon of understeer when pushed hard, but its set to a road spec, not a circuit one and I'm quite happy with that.

Others managed to spin at Druids and down Paddock - how the heck they managed that I'll never know! Ok, standard 1.6 power makes it hard to upset the rear, but I don't think they can have had all that much more. Some VERY interesting lines (or lack of) were taken at Surtees and round Clearways too.

DSC_3960.JPG

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might be there, but stupidly waited too long before I put my entry in and then found it was full so unlikely to have the car on track.

However if I find myself at a loose end I might come along to say hello.

Hope the weather stays fine!

ps, apologies for the oversized first pic