Tyre woes

minkymulbs

Well after spending the best part of my day enjoying the WIM customer area and the delights of daytime tv, Ive got home to find my NSF tyre seems to have a bulge in it B) . I will try and post some pics when I get a chance.

This Im assuming 100% needs to be changed? and Im assuming I need to change the pair as well?

Im annoyed as I could have had them changed when at WIM.

Since having the motor I have had MichelinSP2's, Vredstein Sessanta's (on the rear at mo) and currently the falkens 452's which one of them now has the bulge. I know everyone seems to have an opinion on tyres but any experiences would be welcome as what tyres to go for.

Oh no Tony Im not suggesting its WIM's fault in any way, its just one of those things really.

On my way home there was some built up ice on the roadside and I was forced to go over it due to another car coming the other way. Didnt feel like a big deal but must have been the cause as I checked my tyre pressures last night and would have noticed it then.

Strange I went to take the dog for a walk and thought I would have a look and the buldge has gone :speak_cool:

I can only assume its present when the tyre warms up and the air expands within the tyre showing a fault, Im slightly confused now :angry2:

Actually I dont know what Im worrying about really its a potential safety issue and they are only falkens. Im sure if I had a blowout at 70 on the M5 I would be cursing my money saving for sure.

I think the answer is to go for a drive and see if it happens again and take some proper pics. I was tired last night so maybe Im just seeing things :angry2:

On a side note made some calls about tyres and two places told me that Falken dont make the 452's in my size............but they are on my wheel at the mo :speak_cool:

Well I feel silly, it looked like the bulge had gone as I had popped out last night and the wheel rested in a different position :angry2:

It defo needs changing having looked in the daylight and its spongy to touch compared to the other side which is very hard.

I will post a pic tho when I get time to complete the thread in case it can help another person out.

I had the tyres take off this afternoon and when you feel inside of the tyre you can feel where around a third of the tyre has ballooned. You can feel a raised ballooned bit where as the rest of the tyre wall is flat and attached.

Very strange wondering now if its a manufacturing fault?

Two options here.

1: The inner liner is defective and the tyre is 100% a complaint

2: The pressure has run low at some point and broken the inner liner

Each event is very visible once the tyre is removed.

Thanks for the info Tony, I never experienced this before in all my time owning a car. By the time I drove to the tyre place I could hardly put any power down as the traction control would just come on all the time.

I know I havent run the pressures low FWTW

Its occured on both tyres but the OS one isnt so visible from the outside face.

Whats the process for raising these types of issues with tyre manufacturers?

• 2 months later...