Mazda MX-5 suspension

Waz

Reads like the "fast road" setup alright, we can add weight to the steering at speed if you like but you would loose some of that quick turn in feel.

As for the graphic image that's not a problem, just display the cars registration number so i can find the file.

L----X. [edited for modesty]

I'm sure I can get used to a quick turn in feel, rather than make it heavy.

I'm also looking to find the balance on tyre pressures, for the balance between a compliant/harsh ride and soggy/firm response, I find the toyos to be softer than the old tyres, but then as they're really new, some of it may be tread squirm aswell.

outlook is overwhelmingly good though!

26psi is the recommended for the MK1.

If you feel the tyres a squiriming when pushing it, add a couple of psi to stiffen the sidewalls.

If you move to a more track oriented tyre, you probably wont need the extra pressure as the sidewalls would be stiffer.

On the track T1R's go to 30 psi, 888's to 28 psi.

h

Ah, so Waz had the clown set up before WIM got it's hands on it!

h

Yes indeed! It was kind of a case of spot the side which had an impact, and the only reason it wasn't (quite) as bad on the front, is because I changed the banana'd lower wishbone!

I knew it needed attention, and really I shouldn't have tolerated it for so long, it could have been in a hedge without much provocation.

Especially with the cheap rubber it had before WIM.

Thanks for the pics Tony, great to visualise.

Your welcome..... In fact your lucky the car didn't make into horror of the week ;)

:D

I can only say that the Capri I had many moons ago, must have been good training for delicate handling on rwd.

Or maybe it was the Mk1 mr2,

or maybe the truly awkward kit-car that I used to play with...

*whispers* dutton phaeton