Making a Rotary engine

Tony

Thats a very interesting video... :D

The thing is they would of had to produce alot of the wankel rotary engines years ago for the RX-7 because of the rotar tips wearing out and making the engine redundent...

Not so much of a problem with the new RX-8 as they kinda solved it to a point as it used to secreat a tiny bit of oil in the chamber to stop the rotar tips from wearing out ( with the expense of higher oil consumption )...but i still think they had a problem with it..

Great design though small and very light weight.... :huh: Think it was only 1.3 in capacity.?

They also moved the ports so the tips go past them, rather than directly over, aka peri (peripherial) port. There are castings to convert RX7 motors avaliable from Mazdaspeed for like £9k or something.

I like rotary motors. I'd like an 80s FC RX7 but they're so thirsty. Like, 12-15mpg average, thirsty....

They also moved the ports so the tips go past them, rather than directly over, aka peri (peripherial) port. There are castings to convert RX7 motors avaliable from Mazdaspeed for like £9k or something.

I like rotary motors. I'd like an 80s FC RX7 but they're so thirsty. Like, 12-15mpg average, thirsty....

Yeah a bit of an Oliver read motor... :lol: thirsty

All part of the fun... The centres Ram= 1mpg and my Esprit 11mpg, thirsty indeed but much fun to-boot :lol: