Can i have my ball back.....

Pretty good movie stunt .It's on 25th Street in New York for a movie called "THE OTHER GUYS", which is due for release in September this year apparently. Here's a shot of the cast filming there, and you can recognise it as the same location as the wrecking ball shot. If you zoom in to the back of the car, you'll see Samuel L. Jackson, who's in the cast of this Will Farrell movie.

post-62-1270743475.jpg

Poxy Internet, my video find has been dashed :D

Bit of a giveaway when one of the crew walks up to the wrecking ball and holds it still :D Bearing in mind the real ones were forged solid steel, he would have to be the incredible hulk to do that.

Anyway, wrecking balls haven't been used in NY for probably 30 years or more as although they're not specifically outlawed by the building codes, any demolition contractor would have to include their use in a work plan and have it approved for safety, and as a matter of policy the Buildings Department for New York will not approve the use of either explosives or wrecking balls because of the density of the buildings.

Doesn't apply to the Al Qaeda method of demolishing tall buildings though B)