Help with my photography

Rich

I had real problems with over exposed shots today due to the sun, the glare I was getting was terrible in some of the photos. I only had to move the camera slightly and I could see the effect on the LCD. Is this why some photographers use those covers that sit on the end of the lenses?

I think you probably mean a lens hood.

I never shoot without one.

The difference between the exposure for a bright sky and that for deep shade is very considerable. It is generally better to expose for the sky and create some under-exposure in the rest of the pic. Over-exposure burns out the pic and is impossible to recover. Under-exposure still retains information that can be accessed in post processing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the name I was trying to think of last night. I did try to correct one of the photos in PS but like you say an overexposed image is more difficult to fix than an underexposed one. Doesn't look like a lens hood is available for my camera so there's another reason for getting a DSLR.