'Squirming' S2000

conanius

Firstly, disgusting behaviour of mine, not been posting for ages and keeping in touch Tony !

I've done a spur of the moment track day booking for this Sunday at Cadwell Park, and just want to see if you have any ideas.

Car is feeling great with the new setup you did Tony, but I might need you to do one of the adjustments if thats possible. Under 'hard load' through quicker corners the car feels what can only be described as though its squirming... Almost as though potentially I've hit the limit of the sidewall and the tyre is rolling over... I'm running 32psi in the Bridgestone Potenza RE050a's, so they should be fine really... is it a case of needing more tyre pressure or different settings... or do I need to go to a shorter sidewall and go 17's?

Hope everyone is doing great

Speak soon

Gareth

Sorry for the late reply mate, not long back from work...

Its most noticeable on the long sweeping stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsbr9SB5hn0

If you watch the above from 6:30 you'll see the go far right, cut straight, go right and position to the left for a sweeping right hander. From about 7:01 to 7:04 would be when it was worse. Poor video to show you as thats a crap line through the corner, but thats the corner !

Hope this helps

I had the same thing at Bedford and put it down to being on the limit of the car or the RWS that these are supposed to deliver from the rear wheels.

This only happened to long bends that I could feel...:lol:

I'm running Powerflex Polybushes all round, so I think thats partially removed...

Maybe I need to consider the bumpsteer kits... apparently it seems to work wonders !

Sorry for the late reply mate, not long back from work...

Its most noticeable on the long sweeping stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsbr9SB5hn0

If you watch the above from 6:30 you'll see the go far right, cut straight, go right and position to the left for a sweeping right hander. From about 7:01 to 7:04 would be when it was worse. Poor video to show you as thats a crap line through the corner, but thats the corner !

Hope this helps

The rear is loose under lateral acceleration hence the steering reactions, i need to remove some of the rear toe.

I had the same thing at Bedford and put it down to being on the limit of the car or the RWS that these are supposed to deliver from the rear wheels.

This only happened to long bends that I could feel...:lol:

I'm running Powerflex Polybushes all round, so I think thats partially removed...

Maybe I need to consider the bumpsteer kits... apparently it seems to work wonders !

Your not low enougth to need bump kits.

Thanks for your reply Tony, really appreciate the assistance.

Gutted your not able to squeeze me in on Saturday, I'm off to Cadwell for a trackday on Sunday and it would have been bloody perfect !

Out of interest do you have any WIM numberplates and/or stickers (Sticker to put on the dash) so for any pictures and my videos on the tube you get some publicity?

Thanks for your reply Tony, really appreciate the assistance.

Gutted your not able to squeeze me in on Saturday, I'm off to Cadwell for a trackday on Sunday and it would have been bloody perfect !

Out of interest do you have any WIM numberplates and/or stickers (Sticker to put on the dash) so for any pictures and my videos on the tube you get some publicity?

Can't have the car like that at Cadwell..... Can you come in 2.30 Sat, i'll get it done one way or another.

This only happened to long bends that I could feel...:D

If you come out for the WIM night out I'll definitely pick your brains over your set up. Very interested in a more planted feel and settling the rear end down ;)

absolutely no problem at all, I'll happily take you out in the car. If I end up down at WIM on Saturday please feel free to come down for a peek :D

Tony has worked what I'll carefully describe as miracles with the car. I'm chuffed to bits to have got in touch with him on the off chance for a cheaper clutch change and wish id been there sooner.

absolutely no problem at all, I'll happily take you out in the car. If I end up down at WIM on Saturday please feel free to come down for a peek ;)

Tony has worked what I'll carefully describe as miracles with the car. I'm chuffed to bits to have got in touch with him on the off chance for a cheaper clutch change and wish id been there sooner.

Thanks Conanius :D Look forward to it.

Get some video from Sunday as well... the Bedford Video looked like good fun. Your driving style is a lot more smoother and controlled than mine :D

Just got to Cadwell Park ready for tomorrow....

Tony and the guys squeezed me in and did new front discs, new fluid, and then the geo work.

Car feels great now at the back and has lost what I'd describe as 'float' ... no squirm as yet, but obviously couldnt push too hard :D

Will see what tomorrow brings, but feeling good so far !

Just got to Cadwell Park ready for tomorrow....

Tony and the guys squeezed me in and did new front discs, new fluid, and then the geo work.

Car feels great now at the back and has lost what I'd describe as 'float' ... no squirm as yet, but obviously couldnt push too hard :D

Will see what tomorrow brings, but feeling good so far !

I'm confident the rear will be more progressive now...... Feel your way in though :D

I checked, 310 quid the discs cost :-/

Joe said these pads are past their prime.... I'll see how tomorrow goes!

Really appreciate you guys sorting the car out, much appreciated

Appreciate nothing... The cars under our wing, we learn more from you than it costs to work on the car, as i said to you today "never stand still" because if you you'll never be in front.

HOME!

got back about 10 minutes ago, so about 8 hours to do the distance. lovely.

Icing on the cake? when someone sat in my boot to give me traction to get up the hills to get to main roads they split open my 4 litre container of castrol edge, it was full, it now isnt.. and I have a pool in my boot.

Great.