Lexus IS200 Geometry adjustment

hcanning

They have front/rear toe and front camber..... The reason you see loads here is the Lexus positions don't work!?! Meaning some cars eat the front tyres in 5k :lol:

Some years back i re-wrote the chassis positions to stop the problem and the rest is history ;)

• 9 months later...
They have front/rear toe and front camber..... The reason you see loads here is the Lexus positions don't work!?! Meaning some cars eat the front tyres in 5k :o

Some years back i re-wrote the chassis positions to stop the problem and the rest is history :)

Hi Tony,

I have just joined and apologise if it's all old hat to you. I have a 2001 Luxus IS200 with 136,000 on the sundial; imagine how many front tyres I've been through! I understand that somewhere you have made common knowledge your "correct" geometry settings for the IS200. Please could you show me where they are so that I can ask my local, friendly tyre man (I stopped using Lexus as soon as the warrentry ran out!) to set up my steering geometry properely.

Many thanks,

Mikeofpoole

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have Lexus IS200 with TTE lowering springs. After fitting these, geometry was done according to the basic figures set by Lexus. Front tyres are unevenly worn from the inside after few thousand miles.

Is it possible to get the correct values for my summer wheel set 8x17 ET 35 with 215/45 R17 tyres and also for winter set of regular Lexus 17" wheels ? As I am located in Prague it is difficult to get it sorted out at WIM so I am trying to get the correct values for my car this way.

Thanks for your support !!!

Front camber of around minus 10/20 minutes (assuming 60minutes to a degree) should suffice a lowered car. That will badly displace toe, correcting toe will then increase castor. Usually they end up with about 7 or so degrees castor.

It's easiest to drop the camber, then wind in some of the toe, gradually bring the two together.

Thanks for that data...is that applicable for both the OEM wheels and also for the wider ones with different offset? Also, is it possible that the inside tyre wear is caused by some part of the front axle i.e. lower ball joint, camber joint or some other part being "tired"? My car has around 75000 miles. Thanks for your help !!!

Hello,

thanks for your advice !!!! Today, I changed my summer tyres for the winter ones and I found that the rear tyres are also extremely worn from the inside. The allignment was set this spring according to Lexus values after fitting the TTE springs. Do you have any idea what values should be used for rear axle in order to get rid of the uneven wear? I remember there was not much space for the castor on one of the rear wheels, is it possible? Thanks for your patience with my questions, I am in trouble as there are about 10 of IS200 in my country.... :o hard to share any experience here...

Sorry, I meant camber... I dont have the report but I remember it was not possible to get on the Lexus value. The left side was worse than the right one and both were set on the maximum (both bottom sides of wheels closest to each other) and still being too much in the "A" shape. I am going to get it checked and/or adjusted on tuesday or wednesday so I will save the report. I will also try to convince the technician to set the front on the values provided by CIH above, hopefully getting better results at least on the front.