New boots for the mx5...

Steve-O

Hi All

Its time to lose the gash yoko's and give her some new boots..(once the snow goes)

I was looking at either HANKOOK RS2's, or Toyo t1rs... will be doing a couple of track days this year. I tried what i believe to be the Hancook's on the WIM/Gaz demo car and thought they were pretty good as a compromise. Stood up to a fair few hard laps of combe, progressive break away and a bit of tyre squeal so you know you are pushing on :lol:

Any feedback on the above?

Also - Tony : I noted you can provide some WIM springs for the Mk1. How would these compare in terms of ride quality, ride height and guarantee to the eibach pro's that have a 30mm or so drop? (Thinking of doing the lot in one go).

Cheers

Steve

Hi All

Its time to lose the gash yoko's and give her some new boots..(once the snow goes)

I was looking at either HANKOOK RS2's, or Toyo t1rs... will be doing a couple of track days this year. I tried what i believe to be the Hancook's on the WIM/Gaz demo car and thought they were pretty good as a compromise. Stood up to a fair few hard laps of combe, progressive break away and a bit of tyre squeal so you know you are pushing on :angry:

Any feedback on the above?

Also - Tony : I noted you can provide some WIM springs for the Mk1. How would these compare in terms of ride quality, ride height and guarantee to the eibach pro's that have a 30mm or so drop? (Thinking of doing the lot in one go).

Cheers

Steve

What size tyres are you running?

What size tyres are you running?

i am pretty sure i am running 195/50/15's :smile_anim:

Ok.... As you may have read i'm snowbound today, hopfully Tonybarber@wim will pick up on this thread and get some prices.

Same here mate - the mx5 is parked up since its useless in these conditions and i have lost the 306 to the snow on a hill near the old town. Working from home today - carnage !!

Look forward to getting some prices on the rubber. I gather the hancooks are the ones to go for then...

Hi Steve,

The Toyo T1R are £50 fully inc and in stock

The hankook are around the £65 mark but there dosen't seem to be any stock until mid/end february

Tony

Cheers Tony B :) Any Gold member discounts on that ? :huh:

Damn thats a shame i'd quite like to have tried the RS2's!

£50 a corner for the toyo's is a nice price though so i will give them a punt on the car for the year. Can i just turn up and get these done ?

Cheers

Steve

Yeah thats a tyre we always keep in stock so you can just turn up I'll keep hassleing and hunting for some RS2's in the mean time though.

As for Gold member we'll see what we can do on the day :ph34r_anim:

Cheers mate - I'll be over either this weekend if weather permits !