MB W164 Tyre Wear

V0v4ik

I welcome all participants of this forum! I am a novice here, so a few words about yourself. I have a few (6 years) experience in the post wheel alignment (Bosch FWA 510) and the craving for knowledge, so I came to this forum.

I was surprised because of wearing out of tires. It MB W 164 ML 500 4matic .Front 255/50/19,rear 285/45/19,shiny Pirelli scorpion zero asimmetrico (wrote the name, because it seems to me, that they also are the culprit of such wear.) For the sake of justice will say that wear of tires inwardly at such negative camber as he is done by MB (it is my opinion) simply inevitable. And in principle it confirms my practice of work with these cars, and with this auto in particular, but anyway, the run of tires succeeds to be led to to 40 000 –50 000 km Here run, made an only 20 000 km, and you see a result on a photo

th_07.jpg th_018.jpg

, and a machine was and is in specifications.

th_9bSU9WrmRq.jpg th_tQs9PSHpo2.jpg

I will say yet, that to setting of these tires other (unfortunately does not remember the name) stood and a run made a 50 000 km Actually question, what could such wear of tires be caused? I apologize my English. Thank you for your attention.

Hello and welcome to wim B)

The Ml chassis is naturally adjustable and even without the datum i can see the actual/ final positions are wrong, the wear is camber so it seems a reasonable move to set the cambers to OEM positions or move that particular chassis away from OEM as a custom setup.

Ok let me put it this way..... There's a wear problem, what do you think is wrong?

Ok, perhaps in combination with the negative camber, tire is too soft (this is my thought). It seems that part A does not work (the pressure at the same time in the norm). And yet you have not answered my question. Specification not correct?

07a.jpg

The data is correct but doesn't work, i would dial out 30' of camber then monitor the wear.

This is already done.

5.jpg

And ironically, the owner bought the exactly the same tires.

But still, what do you think about my thoughts (section A). It has the right to life?

Because I am more interested in why so fast wear. Other tires wore

differently, with the same geometry.

Understand Toni, at me on service to be 15-20 ML-GL (I speak about an air suspension bracket), and at ALL (it is not dependent on run) about the same specifications (+ -10 ’). Imagine, that you owner ML you do ТО1, I do check of alignment and I speak you: ' « that trunks would wear out in regular intervals, I should establish the repair complete set ». The car thus, as though is in specifications. What would you think, if were simply owner ML? I hope you me understand...

Other than the fact the front cambers have been reduced i cannot see a problem with the report, in this sort of case i would insist the owner maintains the tyres pressures then in 1k or so i would check for wear again and if needs be customize the calibration.

Thanks for your participation in my problem. From its part, I shall try to inform you, than it has ended. Pirelli- summer tire, the client (I think) has replaced with winter tire, therefore the answer will be more likely in the spring. Once again thanks.

P.S Communicating with you, I shall learn English! :D

Thanks for your participation in my problem. From its part, I shall try to inform you, than it has ended. Pirelli- summer tire, the client (I think) has replaced with winter tire, therefore the answer will be more likely in the spring. Once again thanks.

P.S Communicating with you, I shall learn English! :D

Your doing very well matey :D

Today there came the client (to change bushings of the stabilizer),as promised here a photo

with right

R.jpg

from left

L.jpg

Mileage 5500 km,pressure has been made 2.4 bar(yet the last time).At me claims are not present (on tire wear), I am happy!

Continuation nevertheless follows...