OK, here goes...

Spacenut

Lauren,

you're welcome.

Keep us updated

h

Thanks, I will - but I hope you don't mind if I keep asking these questions, there are these gaping gaps in my understanding of how suspension works and I just need to know how it all happens... But hopefully my next thread will be driven by curiosity rather than a major technical headache!

Lauren

Lauren,

you're welcome.

Keep us updated

h

Thanks, I will - but I hope you don't mind if I keep asking these questions, there are these gaping gaps in my understanding of how suspension works and I just need to know how it all happens... But hopefully my next thread will be driven by curiosity rather than a major technical headache!

Lauren

One area that conflicts so to speak is your dealing with this at a design perspective whereas i'm dealing with this as a calibrator, i'm not a designer.

My position as a calibrator is to bring together the end results and tune them to the best of my ability or the cars adjustability.

Lauren,

you're welcome.

Keep us updated

h

Lauren

My view is, keep asking questions, that's how we on the fourm learn about this geometry stuff, and that's why were here, to learn, and have a little bit of light hearted banter in between times!

h

One area that conflicts so to speak is your dealing with this at a design perspective whereas i'm dealing with this as a calibrator, i'm not a designer.

My position as a calibrator is to bring together the end results and tune them to the best of my ability or the cars adjustability.

Yes, I see your point. I guess I was initially disappointed when my super-duper mid-engine chassis exhibited similar driveability problems that were typical of the original VW-based kit - it sort of made all of my time and effort a bit pointless. But the reasons for the problems are different, I have much better chassis balance due to the mid-engine configuration, and as you say, with full adjustability there is scope for improvement.

I'm sure you will be able to work your magic, I just hope my efforts at setting up a basic geometry (with a Longacre trammel bar and an ADA camber/caster plumb bob) don't land me top spot in "horror of the week" :smile_anim:

Lauren