When is enough....enough?

Tony

This BMW M3 series was in the centre for tyres.. when i drove the car i hit a carbon molecule on the road resulting in three compressed vertebrae in my back due to the zero suspension movement.... Now i like a car to look low but come on it's a car at some point you need to actually drive it.

This example has reinforced re-bar to deny any suspension travel to allow the 'Touring car' look.

That is the front wheel on a 'static lock' can you imagine how hard the drive must be to stop the tyre hitting the wheel arch.... I feel this owner has exceeded the principle of look verses drive.... what do you think?

Not sure on you're technical question, but by judging from all the kerb scrapes on the rim he's a real jessie!

No technical question only opinions.... i feel this owner has gone to far sacrificing suspension for looks, as you can see on a lock the travel needs to be near zero or the tyre will hit.... The drive 'all 30ft' was terrible i would not drive this on the road.

Oh and yes he was a 'jessie!' ;)

I think you can go to low,when your having to work to hard to drive in normal conditions thats when you've gone past the mark.On the other hand to set a car up for track purposes where you have to work is different.......this is classed as fun ;)

The touring car look should be kept for the track.

The solution is air suspension. Then you can have the best of both worlds. Helped a mate fit air to his Rover SD1, but sadly the rest of the car ain't finished, so i can't report on the overall effect.

Like this:

Airsuspension.jpg

When it is plz post some pics ;)

The solution is air suspension. Then you can have the best of both worlds. Helped a mate fit air to his Rover SD1, but sadly the rest of the car ain't finished, so i can't report on the overall effect.

Like this:

Airsuspension.jpg

When it is plz post some pics ;)

Interesting image... obviously a truck.... what is the concept any idea?

1951 Chevy pick up on another forum,i think it will be slammed just for shows or when parked i cant wait for it to be finished so see how it looks with the paint job and wheels. :(

Another forum ;) You 'splitter'...... ;) Looks like an interesting project.... Welding is a little suspect though ;)

If he likes the look who are we to comment? Personally i think the touring car look is fantastic and if he's happy to put up with it on the road, credit to him.

Well yes i suppose.... but the drive is horrible... hit an ant then the pigment fly's off the paint... Maybe it's my age, 29 soon :(