MK1 MX5 shocks & springs

rooflessdriver

I'm looking at options for my girlfriend's J reg Mk1 MX5 as Tony recently pointed out one of the Helix has snapped & the MazdaSpeed shock adjusters are jammed.

The car is just an every day driver, not tracked or modded & we are on a tight budget.

The plan is to source suspension and would then bringing the car to Tony for fitting & Geo, so does anyone have any experience or advice on the following we have found?

KYB AGX Shocks

Tein S tech springs

I have Absolutely Gaz shocks on my car & apart from the fact they are really noisy & clanky, they are superb, but I don't really want to be paying out that much as the final bill will be more than the purchase price of the car! :smile_anim:

Cheers!

Thats cool, thanks for the quick replies :smile_anim:

Finn has been out for a passenger ride in another MK1 with the Tein springs and was impressed with how much better the ride quality was, and I know a few MK2.5 owners who have had KYB/AGX's in the past, albeit with FM spings.

Looks like my credit card will be getting a hammering in the next few days, then we will be in touch with you Tony,

to get Clover booked in for fitting. :D

Will these be ok with the KYB & Tein combo?

mk2.5 shock boots/bumpstops

Just thinking they would protect the shock body better.

(My Gaz coil overs get filthy dirty.)

To my knowledge the only real difference between the MK1 and MK2/2.5 is the damper stroke, if by chance the bore is different on the boot then we can deal with that.

Will these be ok with the KYB & Tein combo?

mk2.5 shock boots/bumpstops

Just thinking they would protect the shock body better.

(My Gaz coil overs get filthy dirty.)

To my knowledge the only real difference between the MK1 and MK2/2.5 is the damper stroke, if by chance the bore is different on the boot then we can deal with that.

Ok thanks.

I'll order four of those now as I need to get some other parts from them for my '5 too.