Couple of quick questions

CIH

*Bear in-mind I'd already paid for these before my latest change of heart. Though I'll probably change my mind again in a few days so stick with me here.

Say hi to my new SSR-Type C Wheels;

IkkleTyre.jpg

Using an online calculator, the factory 195/60 15s are 634mm tall. As you can see my rough guess of 205/45 16 is way off. Apparantly a 205/55 16 would be 633mm, a 225/50 16 would be 631mm so that is much better. Cheaper too, I should imagine.

Would a 205 be appropiate for 7x16 and 8x16 wheels ? Or should I stagger the tyres to match the wheels ?

Also any idea where to source wheel nuts ?

'tried a different on-line rolling radius calculator and got slightly different results. This one suggests 205/50 16 would be within a couple of mm of the factory 195/60 15. Sounds more likely to me, and the tyres cost more or less the same as the 55 series suggested earlier.

Best match overall would seem to be 225/45 16 incidentally. Bit wide I think though.

205/55 on a 8jj 16 wheel is too stretched, and outside the published guidelines.

225/50 would be better, plus if it's a RWD car give you a better balance.

Nice choice of wheels :blink:

I may as well as gotten 17s with the price of low profile 16s! :blink:

edit: ofcourse I could just sell the 16s on and get tyres for the factory wheels. Or just sell the car on the current ditch-finders....

edit again: screw it. I'm gonna sell the wheels. Should be an easy £200. That'll pay for tyres on the factory wheels and an engine service kit too. No point spending (bigger) dosh on something I'm loosing interest in.