Eagle F1 Asymmetrics

parthiban

Haven't really been on here in a while due to being a bit busy, but after a thread started by Anees about his BMW I just had a few questions regarding these tyres. I realise that Anees has now discovered that his problem may be something other than tyre related, but still there were issues raised which got me a little concerned.

Basically as you know I've had Eagle F1As on 18" alloys for a while now (around a year I guess) and I still think they're great. In every area they have been a vast improvement, grip, handling and road noise but then I was reading that plenty of cars have been having serious problems with them.

The most worrying part was that Dazz who has the same car on the same wheels was having the same problems - what I wanted to know is that is this an issue with batches of tyres which may not be perfect, or is there an inherent problem with the tyre which may also develop on my car too over time? Is there any feedback from goodyear about this?

Nothing from Goodyear to explain the problems.... I must say though at the moment the problem seems to have disappeared, so maybe it was an initial build issue, i don't know but for now the asymmetric is performing exemplary.

Nothing from Goodyear to explain the problems.... I must say though at the moment the problem seems to have disappeared, so maybe it was an initial build issue, i don't know but for now the asymmetric is performing exemplary.

Cheers Tony, hopefully it was just a batch problem then as mine are still perfect, best tyres I've ever had :huh:

Cheers Tony, hopefully it was just a batch problem then as mine are still perfect, best tyres I've ever had :huh:

Comforting to hear.... Personally i'll wait a little longer before i recommend them, just in case :D

Comforting to hear.... Personally i'll wait a little longer before i recommend them, just in case :huh:

Of course, that makes sense when you're not 100% sure about them. Was it just cars on 18" alloys that were having trouble, or was it more down to a certain sidewall height?

Comforting to hear.... Personally i'll wait a little longer before i recommend them, just in case :huh:

Of course, that makes sense when you're not 100% sure about them. Was it just cars on 18" alloys that were having trouble, or was it more down to a certain sidewall height?

Just the 18's.... Mainly on the Lexus and one Honda.

Yeah the problem i had was with the TOYO`s on mine where ...well how to put it very scary and nervous at the back...almost like i had a flat tyre....this became worse when doing speed....it was almost like it was fish tailing.... :D they are better on the front but ive got them running at 37-38 psi just to stiffen the sidewall up a bit....you can tell how soft the sidewall is by pressing them with your finger/thum ( well compared to the previous Dunlop Sport Maxx and the current Pirelli p zero rosso`s.......)

Im due to get a new pair of tyres soon so not really certain what ones to go for..?

Bridgestone potenza RE050

Dunlop sport maxx (japan)

Dunlop sport maxx GT...as ive heard some really great reviews of them......

or

Good year eagle F1 asymetric thinga me jigg....lol :D :D

Falken 452`s........ :huh:

Oh your problem was with Toyo's? Phew, it was your experience that was worrying me (same car and wheels), thought you had eagle F1s.

Obviously there have been mixed experiences, but as above I highly recommend the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, brilliant in every area (on my car anyway)

Yes mate mine was with the TOYO`s ... :lol: ive noticed also that when you push hard on them when cornering they give up and make the car really under steer..just wash out in corners....not so much a bad point......it just doesnt make the car really point in the corners......

IMHO i think the TOYO`s are more happy and far better in the wet....they really are grippy.... :smile_anim: