Steering angle sensor

More out of curiosity really Tony, I believe that if front wheels were out of alignment by +/- 5 Degrees (unlikely I know) then it would necessitate resetting , I did however on my Vectra have to re-align the Cim (column Integrated module) only to centralise, as with the steering wheel in the central position the column coweling was angled down to the right (as in photo) and can only be adjusted by rotating the cim, annoyingly!! Yes I know, I'm a fussy bugger!! and now begin to wonder if it should be re-calibrated, however the indicators seem to cancel at roughly the same angle upon return to straight ahead position so I'm guessing all is probably ok with it. Anyway just to say, the car still feels ok with negligable wear on the tyres since you and your guys set it up for me, just wish this country would get it's damn roads sorted ,with all these pot holes etc. Grrr!!

Cheers Pete

100_0106.jpg

This is the problem these days with electronics in vehicles , most things have to be reset etc by reprogramming the ECU's, in Vx's case Tech2 what ever happened to the good old days of getting out your timing gun, gas analyser and tweeking timing and carbs etc LOL, used to enjoy doing all that and still have the old kit!! maybe I should buy an old banger and get rid of this barge lol!!

Cheers Pete

You can actually download diagnostic type software for not much money at all nowadays. The 200SX guys are keen on that stuff.

At the end of the day it's just computers talking to one another. :wub:

Problem is high end marques like BMW/Merc need access codes for the ECU.