Do we know anything about brakes?

I appreciate this forum leans towards chassis dynamics....but I was hoping someone could comment on the below....as this is the "general problems / discussion" section.

My car takes 4 seconds to slow from 140mph to 50mph....the rate of deacceleration is 22.5mph/sec or 33ft/sec (in the dry). I'm trying to figure out if this is on par with what is considered normal braking performance?

At the time the car weighed approximately 1,600KG and features 320mm front discs with 57mm pistons, and 280mm rear discs with 37mm pistons.

To extend this question, in this scenario, how much of an increase, if any, would you see if the car was running the likes of 330mm 4 pot AP brakes...

Apologies if this seems like a strange question.

Food for thought.

has the car been modified? Does it have ABS

Usually the manufacturer will specify brake size to suit the car, over specifying pot size/friction material will cause wheel lock ups.

In short, I have no idea!

h

Impossible to answer without clinical testing between manafatures.... Historically you simply need to increase friction. High friction pads like reds will just claim to be x% better than OEM, and normally they are.

Impossible to answer without clinical testing between manafatures.... Historically you simply need to increase friction. High friction pads like reds will just claim to be x% better than OEM, and normally they are.

I have enquired about aftermarket pads and have read mixed reviews, worried about picking the right pad, I stick with OEM.

I have enquired about aftermarket pads and have read mixed reviews, worried about picking the right pad, I stick with OEM.

Mintex are a good pad on OEM dics