Choosing somewhere for geometry

nathanp

Hi,

I have a mk2 MX5 that I really wanted to get the geometry sorted on. Ideally I'd come to WiM but it's a bit of a trek and I never seem to have enough spare time.

Is going to http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/ and choosing the nearest place a bad idea? My nearest place is a Merc dealership, and having seen some of the reports of work done by main dealers on here I'm a bit dubious... Are there any specific things I should ask?

Also - are the settings used (like the famous MX5 WiM Fast Road settings) a trade secret? Can I get the details, take them somewhere with the right gear and ask them to replicate those settings?

They probably won't know the MX5 very well but if the operator is competent it shouldn't cause any problems, assuming the car isn't damaged or anything.

One of WIMs fast road settings was printed in Japanese Performance when they set-up the JP MX5.

Cheers for the replies :lol:

I'm still deciding what to do - I may well end up lowering the car so would obviously wait until that's done before getting it set up.

Seems like it would be well worth the drive there, so I should stop being so lazy!

Cheers for the replies :lol:

I'm still deciding what to do - I may well end up lowering the car so would obviously wait until that's done before getting it set up.

Seems like it would be well worth the drive there, so I should stop being so lazy!

Indeed :lol: