Classic Impreza Steering Problem

I have got a 1998 Classic Subaru Impreza Turbo fitted with 18" alloys and 215/35/18 Toyo T1-R and the steering is terrible. I have got a vibration through the car when I go over 60mph and also around that speed the steering goes really light like I'm driving on ice and gives me no confidence at all. Also when taking fairly tight corner the steering seems quite twitchy which I thought could be down to a bit of tramlining but again it doesn't really give me any confidence :D . Any ideas on how I can get it sorted????

I know you guys are the masters when it comes to this sort of thing through various recommendations so I'm hoping you can help :D

Hello

The vibrations range suggests a balance issue..... As for the steering feel there's two options.

1: A castor anti-lift kit that extends the OEM castor position

2: Adding front camber compression.... There is about 30' natural adjustment or we could fit a EZ cam to force some more, problem is the camber gain would wear the tyres.... Personally i would go for the anti-lift kit, this is available via Demon tweaks.

Could you explain what the Anti-lift kit does Tony ? They seem to be popular with the Imprezzas.

It extends the OEM castor by around 45'... It's a simple wedge that moves the rear of the wishbone forward, i made one for Bazza's Starlet.

The rigidity of the scoob chassis belays any flex during yaw denying a feel good castor sweep and allows the old girl to c**k a rear paw.

Great thanks Tony, do you think a tracking session could help as I have recently had the wheels balanced and they were way out but seem to off helped no end with the vibration?

If the castor angle is low then it can cause vibration, in truth i think you need to have the chassis measured an move on from there.

Ahh ok how does Monday April 6th at midday sound?

Booked :angry2:

Great thanks Tony, oh by the way how much does it cost?

It depends on how many adjustments we make.... between £30+ and £85+ at the most.