Mazda MX5 mk3 nc adjustable drop-links

Tony

We have been working to "enhance" the handling properties for the MK3 for some time now, initially with the chassis calibration, then our prestressed lowering coils for those who want the designed CG and roll centres.

In order to advance on this we will soon have our own adjustable drop-links available for the as "sold and lowered" MK3's.

The benefit of these will mainly be felt by the "as sold" owner who wants to reduce the body roll during cornering. The links can be used to add preload to the existing anti-roll bars and are easily fitted.

Prices and images to follow next week.

Special offer for two lucky members

Although we have our own testing i would like two impartial views on our product.

I need one stock NC and one lowared NC to approve/ disaprove our product?

The deal

You can have the links at absolute cost, we install free and we calibrate the chassis free, (geometry not required other than research)

Your commitment

The links allow unlimited preload to the anti-roll bar front and rear and although the finished product will display the stages we may need to tune this for you until you are totally satisfied, it would be wise you live near to wim.

You are requested to inform the community on the product, good or bad.

Our commitment

If for whatever reason you are not happy with the handling and this cannot be resolved, your original drop-links will be reinstalled at our expense and you will be refunded for the adjustable links.

Next step

I hope members will see value in this offer, if members are interested admin will gather names and the two lucky members will be chosen independently of wim.

Summery

For members this is a win, win offer.... any takers?

I would be very interesed but as I have modifed anti roll bars to start off with and live 300 miles away I am not really a good choice! lol.

I would be interested in a set of the adjustable drop links though so I could stiffen up the IL Motorsports a little more.

I look forward to the prices.

I would be very interesed but as I have modifed anti roll bars to start off with and live 300 miles away I am not really a good choice! lol.

I would be interested in a set of the adjustable drop links though so I could stiffen up the IL Motorsports a little more.

I look forward to the prices.

Mr postman may have something for you anytime soon :unsure:

One area i have covered is these links are over-developed consisting of one version that covers motorsport down... Obviously i don't want to expose torsional values at this announcement but i think you will agree the ability to tune the roll and roll couple is an extraordinary step that many NC owners with stock suspension will welcome.... assuming i can keep the price attractive.

So are the test links ready yet?

Three sets should arrive tomorrow.... :sad01_anim:

Good stuff mate....not many people have put their name forward though or is it happening on the owners club forum?

Three sets should arrive tomorrow.... B)

Good stuff mate....not many people have put their name forward though or is it happening on the owners club forum?

Cautious interest everywhere :sad01_anim: it's a new area for most who mod the car.

Three sets should arrive tomorrow.... :)

Cautious interest everywhere :sad01_anim: it's a new area for most who mod the car.

What! B) I'd be first in the queue to try something different :)

Three sets should arrive tomorrow.... :)

What! B) I'd be first in the queue to try something different :)

The Mondy links are easy by comparison, these MX5 links are hard to tune due to the adjustable chassis range.

I'd be up for this except I'm still waiting on the P5 suspension mod. Does that make a difference?

I am intrigued by this statement 'The benefit of these will mainly be felt by the "as sold" owner who wants to reduce the body roll during cornering.The links can be used to add preload to the existing anti-roll bars'

If you preload for left hand corners do you have to dash out with a spanner before right hand corners? :lol:

I'd be up for this except I'm still waiting on the P5 suspension mod. Does that make a difference?

I am intrigued by this statement 'The benefit of these will mainly be felt by the "as sold" owner who wants to reduce the body roll during cornering.The links can be used to add preload to the existing anti-roll bars'

If you preload for left hand corners do you have to dash out with a spanner before right hand corners? :huh:

Point taken :huh: but hay at least i'm trying to be innovative :lol: .. I have a highly modded NC ready to trial a set so we can go from there.

If you preload for left hand corners do you have to dash out with a spanner before right hand corners? :D

Point taken :blush02: but hay at least i'm trying to be innovative :tongue2: .. I have a highly modded NC ready to trial a set so we can go from there.

Don't get me wrong I'm not being negative.

Intuitively it seems best if the arb arms are horizontal when the vehicle is at rest but I can find no geometric/trigonometric reason why this should be so.

Any play in the joints will obviously reduce the arb's effectiveness so the rose jointed droplink should improve things if there is any wear in the existing droplinks.

My experience of the rose jointed drop links is that as there is no plastic bushing to compress before the ARB's start to work, turn in is improved.

Noticable difference straight away, although may be something to do with 11 year old drop links, one of which was bent!

h